Your privacy is taken very seriously and we are committed to handling your personal information in a secure and responsible manner. We take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information that you share with us, from unauthorised access or disclosure, wherever your information may be held within our organisation or on its behalf.
We will only to use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), and we determine that the basis for lawful processing of your data is Legitimate Interest.
Equibreed UK Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office in accordance with data protection legislation and will hold and use your data strictly in accordance with relevant legislation.
The Data We Collect About You
When you register with Equibreed UK Ltd, or provide any of your personal details via our website, through email or hardcopy we may collect and process (store) this information. The type of information that is collected and may be processed includes:
- Identity data- for example first name, last name and title contact data – for example address.
- Email address and telephone numbers, financial data – for example bank account and payment card details. Transaction data – for example details about payments and invoices. Insurance data – for example with whom your animal(s) is/are registered for insurance cover data in connection.
- with any client satisfaction surveys that we may operate marketing and communication data – for example your preferences in receiving marketing communications and details about our services and products.
Please help us maintain accurate records for you and your animal(s) by contacting us if there are any changes.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect personal data in different ways including by telephone, by email, from using our website or when requesting our services.
Our Website and Cookies
How We Use Your Personal Data
We may use this information for various reasons including internal record keeping and clinical governance, registering you and your animal(s)’ on our Practice management system, recording your animal(s)’ health and treatment history and fees associated with this. To contact you to manage payments, fees and charges, to contact you for veterinary appointments or to discuss your animal(s) and to contact you with regards to any services, products or promotional events which you and your animal(s) may benefit from and to send you relevant information from the Practice with your consent.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by opting out of the relevant message, unsubscribe or by contacting us at the practice by email or by telephone.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may have to share your personal data with third parties set out below for the purpose of the activities mentioned in the above Section “How we use your personal data”:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- Professional advisors including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services
- Credit and debt services for the purpose of debt collection
- Diagnostic services and other veterinary practices who may get involved in the care of your animal(s)
- Microchip registration companies to facilitate registration and tracking of your animal(s)
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the UK and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting or processing activities in certain circumstances
- We will ensure that contracts and/or processes are in place with the above, which ensure that your data will be processed in accordance with GDPR regulations. Under no circumstances do we sell or pass client data on to third parties for the purposes of external marketing by other Companies
We have established appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Data Retention - We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes though other means and the applicable legal requirements.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under the General Data Protection Regulations in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent